Friday, October 17, 2008

Cranberry-Pumpkin Muffins

I'm a big muffin fan...almost cake, but no guilt. Sort of. Maddy and I had a nice morning where she helped make this with me and then we celebrated by having a tea party with "cake". Bake a muffin in a mini cake tin and you have an instant party!
I'd only change it by adding more cranberries and cinnamon.

2 eggs
2 Cups Sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup pumpkin (No clue what to do with the tiny bit left in the can.)
2 1/4 cups flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
Pumpkin Pie spice-lay it on! I use cinammon, ginger, nutmeg
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped cranberries (soak in hot water 10 min)
1 bag chopped walnuts (I dont' know what size bag. I didn't use any)
1 tsp vanilla
*I also threw in a bit o'almond extract too.

This might be interesting with some orange peel...

Anyway, mix wet. Mix dry just till moistened. Fold in berries and nuts.

Bake muffins for 30 min at 350. Makes 1 1/2-2 dozen. or a dozen and several mini-cakes.

Serve with butter or whipped cream cheese or (our favorite) dusted with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Note: tastes best the day they are made....they dry out fast.