Friday, October 17, 2008

Battle of Banana Breads

I can't find the recipe for my favorite banana bread...all I remember was that it had pinapple in it (wierd but oh, so good!)

So I'm off to find a new banana bread recipe.

Here are the ones that will be tested this weekend. IF you think you have a better one, please share....I'll test it out!

Banana Oatmeal Bread
1 egg
1/2 cup oil (I'll test with applesauce)
5-6 bananas (holey cow! That's a lot!)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking pdr
1 tsp cinnamon (I'll probably dump a bunch more than THAT in!)
1/3 cut nuts, chopped
1/2 cup raisens (soaked in hot water and drained)

Standard directions, Beat wet, stir in dry. Fold nuts and raisens in.
Bake in greased and floured pan for 45-55 min at 350. Cool 10 min then remove to rack.

Banana Bread
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (can I use applesauce for butter?)
2 large eggs
3-4 mashed bananas (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup milk add couple drops of lemon juice
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts

Mix sugar and butter, add eggs. Mix wet till smooth. Mix dry in just till moistened. Fold in nuts. Bake 60-75 min at 350. 2 loaves.

Since I don't have a bazillion bananas, someone else can test that. I found this online and I'll see how it works out.
Hawaiian Banana Bread
3 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. each - cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 c. nuts (optional)

3 eggs
1 1/2 c. salad oil (ugh. I'll use applesauce)
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla (almond might be fun too!)
2 c. mashed bananas

Sift dry ingredients, add remaining ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon only until well blended. Pour into two greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 60-80 minutes

No comments: